The Basics of Programming Languages
What is a programming language?
This should definitely be one of the first questions you need to ask yourself if you are new to programming. You can think of programming as a set of instructions given to your computer, in order for it to execute certain commands. Computers use a binary string of 0 and 1. Programming languages are the tools which help people translate their instructions into a series of symbols, that make the computer understand the commands.
Classification of the programming languages...
The low-level language is a language represented in 0 and 1 forms, which are machine instructions. This language is more difficult for humans to understand and implement, as it is error-prone. This kind of code cannot run on all computers, as it is not a portable language. Therefore, this type of language is also more time-consuming.
The high-level language is a language that is closer to human languages and how they communicate. The programs written in a high-level language are independent of the type of computer. This language is user-friendly, time effective and portable, which makes it more accessible to programmers.
The most popular programming languages...
There are dozens of programming languages nowadays, which help you create all kinds of things, such us virtual realities, apps or games. But here is a list with the most popular ones:
- Python- high-level, general-purpose programming language with comprehensive, standard library.
- Java- language that is accessible to beginners. Is can be used in different fields such as mobile applications, software and system development.
- C#- is a general-purpose, multi-paradigm programming language.
- C++- C++ is one of the most popular programming languages and is frequently used in virtual realities, software and game development, robotics, and scientific computing.
- PHP- a widely-used server-side language. It is a great choice for building dynamic web applications and works well with databases and HTML.
Check our website for more infos and news about the world of programming!